Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PRE!


I love to run. A couple of years ago, I could not have said that. But, one day, I started running. Now, more than two years later, I'm still running. (I stop to eat, sleep, go to work, etc.). I've had the opportunity to run a couple of half-marathons, and one marathon. That was an incredible experience. Running has lots of great benefits; obviously, it gets you in shape, helps with overall health, it's a good time to get outside and it can be fun.

There are a lot of famous runners. One of my favorites is a guy named Steve Prefontaine. He was a runner back in the 60's and 70's. He set a lot of records, had a really awesome mustache and eventually ran in the 1972 Olympics. Sadly, Steve was killed in a car wreck in 1975. One thing that people new about Pre was his passion and desire to win. Here is a quote from Pre that always challenges me:

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine.

This has implications way beyond running. What are the gifts that you have been given? For Pre, it was running. What about you? Are you giving less than your best? Are you sacrificing your God-given gifts and talents?

Let's let Pre's words be a challenge to us. Give your all. Give your all in following Christ. Give your all in serving Him. Give your all in loving people. Give God your best!

Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogs, yo.